That's now official : TVPaint Animation 10 was released yesterday and is now available for Mac, Windows and Linux !
Many new features have been added :Architecture :
• TVPaint Animation 10 Professional is available in 32 AND 64 bits fro Windows and Linux (only 32 bits for Mac - the 64 bits versions will come soon !)
• as Apple does not support anymore Quicktime, TVPaint includes an internal AVI, which does not depends on any codec and works on any OS.Animation :
• Groups can be used to organize layers, sound tracks and clips (storyboard elements). Layers and sound tracks in the same group can be moved synchronously.
• instances can be automatically created when moving in the layer.
• move, insert and copy your images selection anywhere in a layer, with a simple drag and drop.
• Faux-fixe uses now 3 modes : repeat, ping-pong and random
• a Mark image panel has been added : it allows you to mark your images with different colors, in order to make the difference between keys, breakdown... And you can even name your instances !Storyboard :
• Clips (storyboard's elements) can be disable : they are not visible when playing the animatic, but are still usable, if needed.
• you can edit your storyboard's duration by stretching the clips.
• storyboards can be printed in PDF.
• the camera tool now contains 4/3 borders : very useful for people working on 16/9 projects that can be converted in 4/3.Drawing :
• a new panel is available with many custom brushes : paint roll, watercolor, Chinese brush...
• new drawing modes are available, such as the "Smear source" mode, that allows you to make "painted rotoscopy".
• the "picker" and "mixer" tabs from the color panel can be resized as you like !
• the drawing recorder can record a drawing on the current layer, so you keep transparency.
• resize your drawing tools with the key [Z]
• the Sketch Panel RGB contains new tools, whose a "black eye", that hides colored lines and show only black lines during 1 second.Interface :
• colors scheme changed, the layer stack is better, menus are shorter (very useful for people working on a little screen).
• rooms changed and : one is even dedicated to corrections (very useful for teachers and professionals)
• the export panel has been improved.Others :
• a history is now available and you can even mark the steps. This panel allows you to navigate and recover all previously made actions, from the opening of your current TVPaint Animation session.
• a stopwatch with an audible metronome allows you to mark the musique's beat.
• the FX stack allows you now to apply FX on several layers, on a group, on instances' head only etc...
• a new FX is available : the shaker
• a "new layer" panel has been added to create layers with special behaviors, position, group, name etc...
You want to know more about ?
• Read our What's new
in TVPaint 10
• Download the demo version
to test TVPaint 10
• Peek an eye to the new manual
to learn how to use TVPaint 10
• Contact us via the forum
or the contact form ! =D