A Silent Sketch on Page 15 (Updated 03/13/2012)

Post your drawings of superhero, science-fiction , horror and other genre characters.

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin, BurnComics, em...

Postby IMForeman » Wed May 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Thanks. I wanted to do that Flash gag so badly.

I did this as a quick picture today, didn't work as well as I liked.

IMForeman

Postby Batmankm » Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 am

I think its cool.

KM
Batmankm

Postby IMForeman » Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks. I just didn't think I captured a good enough likeness, and the arm in the foreground sort of forms a tangent with the raised hand in the background, making it a little hard to read. Mind you, the reference photo sort of has the same thing going on.

Anyway, I've been working on some different methods of working digitally, trying to streamline my process, and I tested them out by doing some Time Gone Vaughn drawings. Despite having discontinued the comic, the characters are still fun to draw, and their visual simplicity make them ideal for testing these largely organizational techniques I've been working on.

Oh, and I did an 11th Doctor drawing in the same style, but did it too small, so the lines look blockier and blurrier.

IMForeman

Postby IMForeman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 am

More Random Messing around.

IMForeman

Postby em... » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:59 am

If I can offer a crit, I think that Hit Girl could do with more cranium. You've got her basic face shape right, but the lack of cranium is making her head looking a bit bottom heavy, and so less childlike.

The cartoony stuff is great. For want of a better description, It feels more relaxed and loose than some of your other work.
Image Image
em...

Postby IMForeman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 am

em... wrote:If I can offer a crit, I think that Hit Girl could do with more cranium. You've got her basic face shape right, but the lack of cranium is making her head looking a bit bottom heavy, and so less childlike.

The cartoony stuff is great. For want of a better description, It feels more relaxed and loose than some of your other work.

I see what you're saying about the Hit Girl pic. I might try to do another picture of her, one with more readable action, and I'll try and try and get that head proportion better. Working on a Black Widow right now, but after that...

I may have to start the comic up again... and just do it for fun instead of torturing myself about whether it'll find an audience. I actually have a lot of fun drawing in that style.

Thanks for the crit, em...
IMForeman

Postby Jarhead1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 pm

I looked through the entire thread again. Your cartoony stuff is looking great. One of your most successful pieces was the one you did of Amelia Pond. I'd like to see more work where the background is more developed like that picture. I think you've developed a lot of charm into your characters. Really digging them.
Last edited by Jarhead1 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jarhead1

Postby IMForeman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Jarhead1 wrote:I looked through the entire thread again. You're cartoony stuff is looking great. One of your most successful pieces was the one you did of Amelia Pond. I'd like to see more work where the background is more developed like that picture. I think you've developed a lot of charm into your characters. Really digging them.

Thanks. The Black Widow pic I'm working on has a bit of a background, but it's pretty simple. Don't know how well it will compare.
IMForeman

Postby IMForeman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Someone on Gallifrey Base made a Sontaran with handbags joke, so I made a quick sketch.

Last edited by IMForeman on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMForeman

Postby IMForeman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Board was acting up.
IMForeman

Postby IMForeman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Slight spoiler for The Pandorica Opens.

IMForeman

Postby IMForeman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

I took a crack at redesigning Doctor Who's Omega. I used as a base: Stylistic elements of Omega's two appearances in the classic series, and mixed it with a little bit of Rassilon's costume in The End of Time. I made the robe look a little more like a duster, as I saw Omega as a more "cowboy" counterpart to Rassilon, doing the dangerous and wild work while Rassilon was more the politician and schemer.

Hope you like.
IMForeman

Postby Batmankm » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:04 am

Not familiar with the character but I love it. Nice work.

KM
Batmankm

Postby Dan M » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:28 pm

The Omega is really neat. I like how you've integrated the various versions into one cohesive design - the angular metal mask, the more organic chest symbol and gauntlets. I guess my only critique would be that he should look a bit more grand - as it is, his jacket and pose make him look a bit pedestrian. Maybe a higher, more Time Lord-y collar - and the coat would look wicked in blood red!

Still - cool stuff.
Dan M

Postby IMForeman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:48 pm

I've been messing with Sketchbook on my iPad. It's pretty difficult to do art, I find, but I'm getting used to it a bit. Thought I'd share a few sketches.

IMForeman

PreviousNext

Return to Superheroes