RETRO TOYS YOU LOVED AS A KID

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

RETRO TOYS YOU LOVED AS A KID

Postby Charles at NC » Wed May 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Did anyone have one of these ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/superjunk/1586686936/



It taught you how be careful
OW! :lol:
Charles at NC
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:20 am
Location: in North Carolina

Postby Captain Genius » Wed May 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Holy crap that looks dangerous.

Looks like a great Cobra Commander torture device.
Cause that's how I would have used it.
Captain Genius
Moderator
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:27 pm

Postby Charles at NC » Thu May 06, 2010 5:08 am

Captain Genius wrote:Holy crap that looks dangerous.

Looks like a great Cobra Commander torture device.
Cause that's how I would have used it.



Yeah those molds got HOT
burned the rug in my bedroom once
then I had to use it outside

singed my fingers on the molds or the critters that were still hot a few times

Dammed lawyers took all the fun and learning out of childhood :wink:
Charles at NC
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:20 am
Location: in North Carolina

Postby drugmassacre » Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 am

i had the '90s version of this

Image
drugmassacre
 
Posts: 5609
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:01 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Postby Elliotanimated » Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 am

I like how it says "Caution. Very Warm Surface" as an alternative to "HOT".

I couldn't find a picture of it, but when I was a kid a friend of mine had a game called Finger Binger, which involved pressing your finger into series of things that looked like plastic clothes pegs but with spikes (I shit you not).
I don't recall what the point of the game was but maybe the winner was the one with the least blood loss.
Elliotanimated
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: London, New York, Australia

Postby chukw » Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 am

I made a million of those things way back when. I still use this:
Image
chukw
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:12 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ARROW » Tue May 11, 2010 9:35 am

chukw wrote:I made a million of those things way back when. I still use this:
Image


Those things go for good coin these days, like REALLY good coin.
The reason being is that for years and years now, plastic model-makers have sought those sets in ANY condition to use to cast their own parts for their hobby.
If you ever find one, put it up on Ebay and ask........oh, I dunno.........$500. You'll get takers.
"We all grow older, we do not necessarily have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin
ARROW
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:27 am
Location: The Ass end of Nowhere.

Postby Charles at NC » Wed May 12, 2010 11:44 am

ARROW wrote:
chukw wrote:I made a million of those things way back when. I still use this:
Image


Those things go for good coin these days, like REALLY good coin.
The reason being is that for years and years now, plastic model-makers have sought those sets in ANY condition to use to cast their own parts for their hobby.
If you ever find one, put it up on Ebay and ask........oh, I dunno.........$500. You'll get takers.



they had reconditioned ones going for 100 dollars on Ebay


Another childhood toy that went by the wayside

http://www.timewarptoys.com/wrocketlot.jpg
Charles at NC
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:20 am
Location: in North Carolina

Postby Tracy Fran » Wed May 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Charles at NC wrote:Another childhood toy that went by the wayside

http://www.timewarptoys.com/wrocketlot.jpg


My husband has cataracts because of those things. Someone shot one into his eye!
Tracy Fran
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:55 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby Charles at NC » Wed May 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Tracy Fran wrote:
Charles at NC wrote:Another childhood toy that went by the wayside

http://www.timewarptoys.com/wrocketlot.jpg


My husband has cataracts because of those things. Someone shot one into his eye!


Ouch

sorry to here that

When I was going to the American school in japan

circa 1970 I knew a kid that got his face cut up when a pair of those acrylic Clackers shatered
Charles at NC
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:20 am
Location: in North Carolina

Postby Doh » Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 pm

When I was a kid, we had Click Clacks, too! Naturally, we used them as a weapon:

Image

We also had Time Bomb.

Image

I wonder if my parents were trying to kill us...?
Doh
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Charles at NC » Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCE9M-Gd16I&feature=related[/youtube]

:lol:
Charles at NC
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:20 am
Location: in North Carolina

Postby TheAtomicTerrier » Tue May 25, 2010 9:51 am

Rocks bugs and Things....totally off the wall but i loved them when i was a kid.
no one I've spoken to remembers them....

http://www.dorkdimension.com/2008/08/rocks-bugs-things-tribute.html
Last edited by TheAtomicTerrier on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
TheAtomicTerrier
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 3:32 am
Location: Florida

Postby Charles at NC » Sat May 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Image
Charles at NC
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:20 am
Location: in North Carolina

Postby RandyPanTheGoatBoy » Sun May 30, 2010 2:58 pm

RandyPanTheGoatBoy
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:10 am
Location: West Midlands,England

Next

Return to Various.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron