August '05 Jam: Nina

A variety of interpretations of the same photo reference. CREATION OF NEW TOPICS RESTRICTED TO ADMINISTRATION.

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin, BurnComics

Postby BurnComics » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:45 pm

I'm really impressed with the turnout and quality of work this jam! Great work, everyone.

elijahevenson - It does look a bit rushed, but damn you whipped this out fast! Not bad.

xaketh - welcome to the board. Very interesting take. I like the warm colors.

robatniles - decent foot study. Let's see the rest of her!

cobblepot - the ink wash feels elegant. Work on those feet though!

fanooch - fantastic as always. Love the exaggeration.

evilducky - cute! Don't forget the fingers and toes.

Toy Soldier - post 1 - Good start. I'd like to see her in some context, though. Let's see some background suggested. Post 2 - much better. Aside from a little wierdness in the feet, great proportions.

Maverikanim - Wow. You really push the level of quality in these jams. Very impressive. Thanks for participating! Oh, and you're totally right about mine not looking like she's connecting with the chair.

Burncomics - you suck!

em... - very accuarate! Something about the face is missing the likeness for me, but aside from that, fantastic job. 2nd one - really nice likeness!

Oysterboy - I really like this one. Simplified to just the necessities, but it captures everything.

Neato!
- I like the energy in your gestural strokes. I would have liked to see a little more control in your final inks.

ko-nine - Nice. This has a very polished feel to it. Some of the forshortening is a bit off, but good work.

stinkoman - It took a lot of lines to find the right ones, but you nailed it. I wish you would take this one further and clean it up a bit. 2nd one too.

tedprior - I like the contrast of positive and negative space. I would like to see you vary your line weight more.

Tobra - Very creative! I wish I would think of things like this. Welcome to the board!

felixthecat - although it's still rough, I really love some of the lines here. She has a great cuteness to her face, and I particularly enjoy her torso. Good stuff.

Kosal - Nice! I love the colors you're using. The yellow-green underlight on her looks a little out of place, but I love the warm skin tones.

Mic - Creative. Nice line weight.

Jilly_bean200x - I like the hands and feet. I'm having trouble with the torso, but other than that, nice polish on this.

Alexander - Welcome to the board! I love the body... very accurate. The face doesn't look right to me, but aside from that, nice work.

Lon Smart - Very cool. I love the style.

Carolineydy
- Really cool. You took it way past what I would have thought to do. Great production quality.

son-of-erek
- Nice colors. I would give a little more thought to the anatomy. 2nd one is my fav of yours.

lavern n shirley - very nice. I like the mood of this one

dandyderrick - Nice take. I'd love to see this colored.

seti signals - this reminds me of cubism for some reason. I think it's a good start. Keep working on your anatomy and welcome to the board! 2nd one is very nice.

Eddieh - great to see you posting here. Lovely as always.

Mr_Bahn
- I really like this one. Love the positive and negative space. Kinda glad you didn't render all of it, as now I'm drawn to the face right away.

Dr Cyberfunken - Wow! You always floor me, Alberto! So glad to see you posting in the jam! Keep rockin'

kms007 - Cool style. The figure looks a little awkward for some reason, but I'm not sure what it is.

robschamberger - very nice simplicity. Really captures the figure.

rynografx - Nice sketch. I wish I could see all of her.

Lars Van Schagen - Welcome to the boards! This is very nice. I like the hatching, and I'd like to see you become even more mindful of your pencil strokes. Also, the legs seem a bit thin, but good work.

Tricster - Welcome! Good start. I'd like to see you render this more thoroghly. Also, I'd like to see where those legs go!

donpinsent - Awesome take. I love how twistedly exaggerated she is.

Toothsum - Nice details. I like the hands and feet especially.

diegofer9 - Good drawing. Keep at it!

boborabo - Nice drawing and coloring. I do wish you had cleaned up around her. I really like what you did with the text. 2nd one is great too. I think the colors are perfect, but I'd like to see some clean, elegant lines to go with.

MattJBuchanan - Welcome! This is great for 15 minutes. I like the face especially. I think some of the torso gets a little confusing though. The coloring is nice... I'd like to see a few halftones.

Catapult Beetle - Welcome! The drawing has some proportion issues, but the coloring is very nice.

Sara.d. - This is great. The details are superb and the composition is great. Very nice work! Welcome to the board!

illeoh - The head looks a bit detached from the rest of the figure, but I love the exaggeration of the torso.

Insentia - Welcome to the boards. It's great to see you posting here. This is a great start. I would have loved to see you finish this, but I'm glad you posted it anyway.

Sorry I didn't post feedback until now... Wow, I can't believe how many first time posters we had this time. Welcome again, everyone! I hope to see you all back for next month's jam!

BurnComics

Postby leander » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:51 pm

many great Ninas here :)

leander

Postby extremophile » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:04 pm

the topi hasn't been blocked so I suppose that old jams aren't prohibited to be unearth from the past :roll:
Attachments
DSC-kscan_0001.jpeg
extremophile

Postby SnaleeO » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:48 am

after i drew this i realized it was from an old jam, & it happens to be this one. thought i'd throw it into the fold

d-
SnaleeO

Nina

Postby JimH » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Ancient history to most of you but new to me. I don't know if I would have the time to do all of these jams to catch up, but Nina is nicccce...

Last edited by JimH on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JimH

Postby tasek » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 am

jimH, this is awsome!
TASEK
Moin Moin aus HH
tasek

Postby bangalore_monkey » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:35 am

caught my eye on the front page, amazing work jimh. wonderful painterly look.
bangalore_monkey

Postby stingicide » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 am

Yes, fantastic, JimH! That rich, buttery look is a treasure to get with digital.
stingicide

Postby JimH » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks for generous comments guys! :)
JimH

Previous

Return to Drawing Jam