October '07 Jam: Katelin

A variety of interpretations of the same photo reference. CREATION OF NEW TOPICS RESTRICTED TO ADMINISTRATION.

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin, BurnComics

Postby artist695 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:06 pm

JoeyStone wrote:artist695: Some thoughts, hope they help...

thank you very much for the feedback! You were not long winded, I'll consider everything you said , especially about the line weights. You're exactly right about the hand. i couldn't tell if i was looking at a thumb or a clump of mud. thanks again. by the way your drawings are great!
artist695

Postby Senor San » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:23 am

JoeyStone wrote:Senor San: I think I had the same posting problems as you. I really appreciate the compliments, and was very impressed with your pieces. Your pencil work is much cleaner than mine, as I tend to be a bit heavy handed. Love the way you handled the reeds, I was lazy about it and just made a custom brush in Illustrator. The only crits I have fall in line with Griz's comments. The wrinkle lines seem just a little bit heavy and spread apart. Plus, I think you may have added a bit of mass to her overall, but maybe that was intentional (?). Other than that, fantastic job. How long did you spend on them, If you don't mind my asking?

Hey JoeyStone,

You're welcome. There are always some impressive pieces going up on this board.

If I have the energy, I'll soften the back wrinkles, and try to have the figure look less two-dimensional. I did intend on changing a few things just so it wouldn't be a straight copy of the photo. Thanks again for the crit!

-chris
Senor San

Postby JoeyStone » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:28 pm

artist695 wrote:thank you very much for the feedback! You were not long winded, I'll consider everything you said , especially about the line weights. You're exactly right about the hand. i couldn't tell if i was looking at a thumb or a clump of mud. thanks again. by the way your drawings are great!

artist695: You're very welcome, glad to help if I can. By the way, just curious about what type of pens you use. I usually ink with Illustrator anymore, but on paper I like the Sakura Pigma Micron or Staedtler Lumicolor pens if you're interested. Thanks for the kind words about my pieces and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!
Last edited by JoeyStone on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Style concludes. Man grows. -- Bruce Lee
http://joeystone.deviantart.com/
JoeyStone

Postby artist695 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 pm

JoeyStone wrote:

thank you very much for the feedback! You were not long winded, I'll consider everything you said , especially about the line weights. You're exactly right about the hand. i couldn't tell if i was looking at a thumb or a clump of mud. thanks again. by the way your drawings are great![/quote]

artist695: You're very welcome, glad to help if I can. By the way, just curious about what type of pens you use. I usually ink with Illustrator anymore, but on paper I like the Sakura Pigma Micron or Staedtler Lumicolor pens if you're interested. Thanks for the kind words about my pieces and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you![/quote]

I have a wacom cintiq and I draw in photoshop 7.0 Did you ink your first drawing in illustrator?
artist695

Postby JoeyStone » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:30 pm

artist 695: I'll PM it to you so as not to suck up a bunch of space on the Jam with conversation :wink: But, if anyone else is interested, yes I generally do ink in Illustrator when I want it as clean as possible.
Style concludes. Man grows. -- Bruce Lee
http://joeystone.deviantart.com/
JoeyStone

Postby Koekjesdeeg » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:55 pm

Hmm... i think i lost track of the whole thing here and there while playing with the colors. Still a fun pic to do.
Koekjesdeeg

WoW Addict's reform via drawing

Postby Matty B » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:09 pm

Recovering World of Warcraft addict getting back to doing something productive. So the artistic training wheels are back on, and Hooray for Drawing Jams!

Matty B

Postby minigunmen666 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:55 am

quick sketch
minigunmen666

Postby minigunmen666 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 am

quick sketch

sorry for 2 posts, an error came out
minigunmen666

Postby k ° n t r a s t » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:51 pm

I hardly post here (but I love lurking and admire most of you people's work) but I thought I'd give this drawing jam a go. Since I almost never draw women please bear with me, there are errors in the sketch (she's a bit too flat, so I had to somehow compensate).

k ° n t r a s t

Postby sketchyman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 am

Several nice and interesting drawings here.
Here is mine - let's say that I didn't care about likeness :wink:

Attachments
Katelin r.jpg
sketchyman

Postby sketchyman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:15 pm

:shock:
I am a bit surprised to learn that the drawing above violates photobucket's terms of service !
:roll:
sketchyman

Postby meursault » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:10 pm

some real quick ones.
cheers!
meursault

Postby meursault » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:10 pm

oh, sorry for double posting, something went wrong over here.
well, here it goes, some real quick ones.
cheers!
Attachments
mulher 2002.jpg
meursault

Previous

Return to Drawing Jam