Suggestions for the new board.

Discuss and ask question about the new Drawing Board. They will be answered here.

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

Postby southside » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:46 pm

I'm new, and when I registered the board sent me about 9 verification emails.
southside

Postby sukeband » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:34 am

southside wrote:I'm new, and when I registered the board sent me about 9 verification emails.

odd, i'm turning activation off.
sukeband
Site Admin

Postby r0sss » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:04 am

I would really like a critique only forum,
where you can post pics just for critiscism, and improvement
r0sss

Favorite Topics List

Postby AmishVader » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:09 pm

I've been to a few forums that allow you to "pin" a forum to be returned to later. This is a really nice feature, especially for those of us who browse from more than one location. It is usualy implemented as a list of topics somewhere that I can go to in order to view the pinned topics, or "un-pin" them.

I wonder if it wouldn't be fairly easy to add: the functionality is already there with "subscribe" to a topic (since I can see what topics I'm subscribed to from my profile), but when I subscribe, I keep getting email, which I don't really want. A second option to pin the topic to a favorites list would be a real boon for me.

Of course, if it's hard to add the feature, I can keep using the -subscribe- feature, and just filter the email.
AmishVader

Postby sukeband » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:25 pm

Hmmmm, I'll look into it, sounds interesting. What other forum has this feature?
sukeband
Site Admin

RE: Favorite Topics List

Postby AmishVader » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:31 pm

Bioware's boards support it: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/

You have to register an account to try it out. I know I've used it on other forums, but I can't remember which.
AmishVader

Postby sukeband » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:44 pm

Ok Amish,

Give it a shot gunea pig! Add to favorites should be at the bottom of each topic......aaaaaaand a new "favorites" menu option at the top!

Let me know if this is it
sukeband
Site Admin

Wow!

Postby AmishVader » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:39 pm

Color me impressed... that's exactly what I wanted! And in under 24 hours!

You just made my life on this board much easier. Thanks!
Tony
AmishVader

Postby sukeband » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:12 pm

No Problem!
sukeband
Site Admin

Hmmm, favorites removed?

Postby AmishVader » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:18 am

Sorry to keep harrassing you: last night, the "Add to favorites" feature was at the bottom of each topic. Today, from work, it's gone. (Though the [Favorites] item on the top menu is still there). I thought it might be the proxy farm we use at work, but I remote desktopped to my home machine, and it appears to be gone from there as well. Maybe something was undone?
AmishVader

Postby sukeband » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:32 am

Whoops, i screwed something up last night, I'll try and fix it tonight...

EDIT: fixed!
sukeband
Site Admin

Postby angelworks22 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:30 pm

i was wondering when and if a new image will ever be posted on the drawing jam? Been missing the exercise. A
angelworks22

Date of original post

Postby Kzanth » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:57 am

i don't know if this is just me, but as a frequent lurker and infrequent poster, i like to look at new pictures first, read later. I love the addition of the 'most recent pictures' at the top of the index...I'm getting to see great pictures from some of the other forums that I don't often get to visit.

But, I was wondering about the addition of a "Date Posted" next to the topics in each forum. There's already a 'Date of last post', but that doesn't help me.

I only ask because sometimes a topic will come up as 'unread', but turns out its a picture I saw weeks back that someone decided to reply "Great Job" to.

Am I asking for something that no one else would care about?
Kzanth

Questions

Postby J » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:37 pm

1. I have a question. After I logged in, I go to the next page and I am asked to logged in again. Certainly it is not due to time-out as I click another page almost immediately.

2. Now most users send images by attachment and only registered and logged in users can view. But I cannot view them due to (1) above. Also, when guests can see nothing, guests will not know what happens here and will not enter the site anymore, let alone become a registered user. Pls consider.

J
J

Postby sukeband » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:47 am

Kzanth - I'm not sure what you're proposing here. If there's a new post in a topic, the board treats it as new. I dont think i can have theboard differentiate between picture posts and just "good job" posts.

j - The reason why users cant see attached files unless they're logged on was because many poeple like to take snippets of poeples art work and use them as they see fit. I understand your soncerns though and i'm currently tying to figure out a solution.

-Rob
sukeband
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to New Board Questions