The Drawing Board is an ever-growing community of artists of different levels of ability from beginners to veterans of many fields including animation, comic books, fine art, film...you name it. The Board has developed into a place where these differently-abled artists can visit and are welcome to post their art with little stress and, perhaps, get some criticism from what is essentially a world-wide talent pool.
Please keep all this in mind when leaving comments and/or criticism for an artist.
1. Personal attacks on any members will not be tolerated. You're smart enough to know how to post on an internet message board, then you're smart enough to know when you're needlessly being a jerk. Regardless of how established you are on the Board or in the community, whether you're a new member or a member from 4 years ago, posting a personal attack will get you a warning via email or personal message with a reminder of the rules. If it happens again, you'll be banned from the Board. Simple. Naturally, you can join the board again under some other name, but as soon as you act up again, you're gone.
2. Reports of so-called "art theft" have resulted in flame wars that the board would rather not be involved in. While art theft is in the interest of the entire community, we don't want the Board to be the place to go for such information. If you've witnessed an alleged art theft, contact the artists in question but DO NOT post about it on the Board. These threads will be immediately deleted and a warning sent to the poster. Art theft directly related to artists who post on this board may be posted by the artist in question. If you are not the victimized artist, email that artist but do not post the alleged theft yourself.
This board will now host images on a post by post basis. If you have a jpg, gif, or flash animation you wish to post but don't have server space, the board will host the image for you for free. You, the artist, retain ALL rights. All the info will appear below the posting text window.
The Drawing Board now also features web hosting at an incredibly low price for the amount of space given. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
4. Although not everybody on this board is a working professional, we think it's important to treat the board with a certain casual professionalism. Think before you post. Short of breaking rule 1, post as if you're about to say it to someone's face. A computer provides members with a lot of protection and anonymity, which is why it's so easy to attack or insult other people on the internet. We're all guilty of it. But think for a second and ask yourself if you would say what you're about to post to that member in person. Tact is the order of the day.
5. The moderators/administrators have the right to edit, delete, or modify any post here if they feel the post is questionable. This is a privately-run forum and, therefore, not a democracy. However, we will be open to discussion of the merits of any thread.
6. Artwork that contains nudity or is provacative in nature must be labled in the subject as such. Also, artwork that might be deemed sexually explicit or pornographic is not allowed.
7. No SPAM and no WAREZ. Do not post to illegal download sites pointing the way to free software, etc. Any WAREZ posts will be immediately deleted and a warning will be sent to the poster. Any SPAM posts will be immediately deleted and the poster will be immediately banned.
8. Please do not spam the board with multiple threads in different sections. For example, if you drew a Supergirl piece, post it in either SUPERHEROES or GIRLS. Not both. One thread in one section is enough.
9. When sharing artwork in the Drawing Board section (as opposed to the Discussion Board section), post images and not links. If you wish to share links, post them in the WEBPAGE section.
10. Also note that these rules can be changed at any time.
These are very simple rules and guidelines and you'll find that with every post you'll become part of a pretty cool web community. Try not to be discouraged if your first few posts don't receive a lot of feedback. And remember, when someone gets good, constructive criticism, everyone can use that knowledge whether it's about your work or not.
Also remember: nobody here is ever owed comment or critique. Post without expectations and post with the intent of sharing your artwork. But know that even asking for critique or comment doesn't obligate anyone to do so. Most times the large membership here takes time to warm up to newer members. Don't give up!
All artwork posted on this board is copyright their respective creators.
Thanks and welcome to the new Drawing Board.