Last Sketchbook Session for the Maizekid AFTERMATH

Posts to the Drawingboard Calendar. Post your Sessions, Cons, and events here.
*PLEASE READ SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING!*

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

Postby Maizekid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:56 am

Hey gang,
I just want to say thank you for making my time as the host of the sessions both memorable and wonderful. I think that 5 + years is a good run and I wouldnt have had it any other way. Big thanks to everyone who has been around forever as well .. Rick, Sue,Rob, Kir, Paul , Ed, Keith, Andrew,Corbett .... you guys have been like a 2nd family here for me in LA........ I look back on all we did as a sketchbook session crew and it makes me feel like it was bigger than anything I ever really imagined it could be. So here's to all the good times, and the crazy ones, the late night Nerd talk and the drunk talk... Thanks for all of it.

AND for everyone who showed up and supported the sessions wether you came from LA, Encino, San Francisco, or as far as JAPAN .. THANK YOU .. you may never know how greatly appreciated your support has been, and I am really glad that Im now able to call so many people my good friends.

MAizekid out!
S
Maizekid

Postby OFFBEAT » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:34 am

Like J.J. Walker.. it was Good Times!
OFFBEAT

Postby HellboyOne » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Looking back on those big paper drawings was probably my favorite part of the last session. If/when we start up again, we gotta bring that shit back.
HellboyOne
Site Admin

Postby hula » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 am

After looking over the thread, I couldn't help but wonder why the gatherings were ending since all the posters said how much fun they were.... did I missing something?
hula

Postby olmanic » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 am

Hula,
Shane(maizekid), the host, is moving out of the house. So the sessions as we know them are ending.
However.
They will rise again in a different form in the not so distant future. More info will be available at the SDCC session.
olmanic

Postby drugmassacre » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm

hula wrote:After looking over the thread, I couldn't help but wonder why the gatherings were ending since all the posters said how much fun they were.... did I missing something?

it's all about space, my friend. We don't all have enough room to host 50+ people in our homes
drugmassacre

Postby Maizekid » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

space and time.. both of which I havent any right now... But as Olmanic has pointed out.. post comicon I will be unveiling, so to speak, a new and refreshed sketchbook session kind of idea... more to come in the near ish future!

Maizekid...

BTW if anyone has a house with a spare 1500 sq. ft. you could throw a session ya know! ;)
Maizekid

Postby drugmassacre » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:54 am

Maizekid wrote:space and time.. both of which I havent any right now... But as Olmanic has pointed out.. post comicon I will be unveiling, so to speak, a new and refreshed sketchbook session kind of idea... more to come in the near ish future!

Maizekid...

BTW if anyone has a house with a spare 1500 sq. ft. you could throw a session ya know! ;)

+ a lot of drugs, that helps too
drugmassacre

Postby corkbutt » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 pm

A lot of Drugmassacre. That helps too.

Looking back on those big paper drawings was probably my favorite part of the last session. If/when we start up again, we gotta bring that shit back.

Seriously.
I was thinking the same thing.
corkbutt

Postby mykestyle » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:02 am

Awwwwww looks like good times! Figures, as soon as i move to town you guys quit with the partyin'! I hope it makes a comeback. Good luck Shane!

-m
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."
mykestyle

Previous

Return to Events Calendar!