Emerald City ComiCon? Anyone?

Posts to the Drawingboard Calendar. Post your Sessions, Cons, and events here.
*PLEASE READ SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING!*

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

Emerald City ComiCon? Anyone?

Postby marshman » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:03 pm

Is anyone going to Seattle this March? Has anyone ever been? Is it worth the trip from Spokane?

Hey, doesn't Shane live nearby? :lol:
marshman

Postby SteamCrow » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:25 pm

I'll be going there?

Did you say "Spokane"!!!??/

This is my mighty home-town!

I live in the Phoenix Arizona of the SUN, and I miss the Hideout's Hot Dogs and the Suction Goat and the Garland and the Hill of South.

Tell me of her big skies and pine!

*cough*

Honestly, I miss the place terribly, and can't wait to move back.

<<>>

It'll be my first ECCC, but I get the sense that it's a small, but vitally growing con. Heck, Seattle is a hotbed of creativity...

I'm excited to exhibit there.
SteamCrow

Postby marshman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:55 pm

We just moved here last spring from L.A. So far, I love it. Some sun would be nice, though. Right now, we're in an apartment on South Hill. Can't say we know the Hideout or the Suction...Goat. I like the Steelhead Bar & Grill and Sushi.com downtown.

It looks like we'll be planning a weekend getaway to Seattle for the show. Having been to several Cons in SD, I won't get my hopes up too high...
marshman

Postby SteamCrow » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:25 am

Oh, cool.

Well, ask the locals about the "Suction Goat" and you'll find out. If you live in Spokaloo, you must know the Suction Goat.

Sun? You'll get a lot of sun this spring/summer, but probably not as much as in SoCal.

I have big hopes of moving back...
SteamCrow

Postby themightyadam » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:02 pm

I can't speak to Spokane much, living out in Seattle as I do, but I did have some really good ham there once.

I'll be attending the convention, (as a fanboy since I've nothing to contribute to the medium, really.) Hopefully I won't be the only one in a drawingboard.org t-shirt.

Last year seemed a little quieter and smaller than the other years. Last year I think they had no one to blame but the publicity folks. Almost nobody knew it was happening. This is the 5th year, so maybe they'll have their shit together. They have some great people showing up this year, though. Several board members have tables, I believe. Maybe people will want to go out drinkin' an' drawin' afterward.
themightyadam

Location: Seattle, Washington, U.S.A., Earth, the Solar System, Milky Way GXY, The Universe 00001

Postby specialk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:20 pm

I think I am going to try and come down for Sunday as I did last year, when all I have ever experienced is San Diego it was a little small however I was still able to talk to some people on the board (Alberto Ruiz and Stephen Silver) gave Erik Larsen one of my books and got some pretty good deals on some books.
Overall it was good.
Kevin!

Visit My Blog, cmon no one else does why dont you give it a try! www.formfunction.blogspot.com/
specialk

Postby SteamCrow » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Cool. I hope that the PR people have been getting the word out. With a city of this size, it sure seems like it could have a great con.

We're over at table #183; stop by and say "hello" if you think about it.
SteamCrow

Return to Events Calendar!