Wizard World Chicago 2006 AFTERMATH THREAD!

Posts to the Drawingboard Calendar. Post your Sessions, Cons, and events here.
*PLEASE READ SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING!*

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

Postby Animal Qwacker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:21 pm

Stuart: I have to bring my "50 Reasons..." book for you to sign!

Jasen: Got some more info for you. Once you get off the Blue Line at Rosemont, go out to the street and turn left (south) and it's about 2 blocks to the convention center. Again, follow the crowd.
Anyway, you can register as a professional at the door for only $10! But you need a business card or proof of professional status, otherwise they charge $25. If you have a guest that isn't a professional, their badge is $25.
Animal Qwacker

Postby Killdozer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:40 am

Animal... I'd be happy to. Anyone going to have a pen handy? ;)

Just look for this guy:

I'll be seeing you.

s
Killdozer

Postby Fury 2.0 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:55 am

Stuart, do you know what table you'll be at? I really want to get your book at the show :)
Fury 2.0

Postby Killdozer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:06 am

No table, Joe. I'll have to find you. ;)

s
Killdozer

Postby RobUllman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 am

Please, stop by my table too! #647, OddGod Press!
RobUllman

Postby Fury 2.0 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 am

I'll be at Table # 3150 in Artists alley! (way in the back with the crickets chirping) So definitely stop by Stuart (that goes for everyone else too!)

Rob I think you'll be sitting way on the other side of the convention, no? I'll make sure to stop by this time tho :)
Fury 2.0

Postby maverikanim » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:35 pm

I've got all my crap ready to go and I'm pretty excited. I have a new booth number from before now I'll be at 2039 right beside artist alley, come by and say hi.
maverikanim

Postby Fury 2.0 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:32 pm

cool matt, i definitely want to pick up your sketchbook too! i'll be looking for ya :)

I won't be there for preview night tho, i'll be showing up friday morning...so i won't get to look around early :(
Fury 2.0

Postby Animal Qwacker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 am

Killdozer wrote:Animal... I'd be happy to. Anyone going to have a pen handy? ;)
I'll be seeing you.
s

Sorry I missed you Stuart, but there was a line of nerds on Saturday queing an hour before your signing. They also had their little wheelie carts with their entire collection of comics to be signed. Plus I had to split because my wife's car died. :roll:
Anyway, I'll catch you some other time.
Animal Qwacker

Postby Killdozer » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:17 am

I missed everyone, apparently, except for Oblivion City, who clearly thought I was on drugs, whereas in fact, I was just running on three hours sleep.

:oops:

Next time, I'll come with time to spare and bags of goodies.

Sorry about the car.

s
Killdozer

Postby Fury 2.0 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:54 am

Stuart! I didn't get to see you at all! :(
Still the show was a lot of fun, got to trade books with Maverikanim (great book matt! if you haven't picked it up yet, do it before he runs out :)). Met animal Qwacker briefly. Rob, i never made it over to the small press area! :oops: (actually I never made it around anywhere. I only had a little time to walk around early sunday before the show started and most booths/artists hadn't showed up by then)
Fury 2.0

The Wrath of Con

Postby OblivionCity » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Killdozer wrote:I missed everyone, apparently, except for Oblivion City, who clearly thought I was on drugs, whereas in fact, I was just running on three hours sleep.

:oops:

s

Aw, heck, S., don't worry about it. I didn't think you were on drugs. I felt bad that I didn't get a longer chance to talk to you. I was in that line of nerds and was worried I wasn't going to get at least a chance to say howdy as I watch in horror as the guy in front of me heading towards Greg Land pulls out a stack of comics as thick as the NYC phone book...Plus it didn't help my appearance that I was standing on my nice blistered feet from walking around all day Fri :?

Turns out the Peter David seminar I ran off to wasn't very informational. I've heard all about the stuff he was talking on about before from other sources.

Thanks again for the autograph on the Next WAVE comic. I really appreciate it.

I plan on ordering the 50 reasons the moment I scratch up a few funds to get it. My main computer just croaked so that might be a bit.

Hopefully when next august rolls around and if I get my *bleep* together, I'll be in artists alley selling my self-published comics and I'll see you there.

-TM
OblivionCity

Postby shelliek » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:55 am

PORTILLO"S RULES !!!
shelliek

Postby xstefanx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:56 pm

shelliek wrote:PORTILLO"S RULES !!!

haha nice bump.

im honestly counting down the days till 2007 chicago con.
xstefanx

Previous

Return to Events Calendar!