Sketch for new FF animated.

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

Sketch for new FF animated.

Postby Steve_Rogers » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 am

Somebody has these images?
Steve_Rogers

Postby ScottWegener » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:42 am

I haven't seen any yet. I know a guy working on this project -I bet he'd love to see what's leaked out. :wink:
ScottWegener

Postby mattcrap » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:00 am

i've seen this one
and a LONG time ago a black&white (pencil sketchy) version of this- but no model sheets yet.
mattcrap

Postby ScottWegener » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:37 pm

Wow, I really dislike FF, but that is very nice. Makes me almost wish I had a TV again.

Maybe my secret inside guy will mail me some DVDs
ScottWegener

Postby mattcrap » Mon May 01, 2006 12:09 pm

well if he does, shoot a couple my way-
i'm interested to see if they do this cartoon right
mattcrap

Postby ScottWegener » Mon May 01, 2006 12:54 pm

I forget his actual title, but the guy I know working on this is pretty close to the top of the food-chain of writers and he is a HUGE FF fan. He's also an accomplished comic book writer, though sadly he has yet to work on FF.

It really torques him when I tell him Mr. Fantastic is gaygaygay.
ScottWegener

Postby ShemJac » Sun May 07, 2006 5:21 am

I'm not sure I like these designs. For such an entirely American comic, they're really too... anime, I think. And the Thing, with the 4 painted on his chest, just looks silly. They don't give the comics, especially Kirby's original, defining artwork, justice. But I guess there's still a chance for the writing to be good, at least.
ShemJac

Postby ScottWegener » Mon May 08, 2006 5:55 am

If you Google Chris Yost (my buddy and pal the writer) and Fantastic Four, you will get a few more images.

if you Google Yost alone you get a dizzying array of bland Mid-Westerners.
ScottWegener

Postby Cal Slayton » Thu May 18, 2006 6:33 pm

I'm the opposite on this one. I love the FF and really dislike this image. I agree with the other poster, it's bit too anime for me.
Image. Image
Cal Slayton

Postby ScottWegener » Fri May 19, 2006 5:54 am

Well, it is from an animated show -so no matter what its going to have an anime flavor. Unless you look at the retro-abstract styles of Fairly Odd Parents and its ilk, there really is no "American" style of animation anymore.
ScottWegener

Postby mattcrap » Fri May 19, 2006 10:41 am

that's a pretty good point.

I'm sitting here stumped, trying to come up with 10 current (or semi-current) "Classic American" Animated Shows/Movies. I think Bruce Timm and the whole Batman Animated Series team were the closest to ever approach Max Fleischer status. They reinvented. I freakin' LOVE what they did with all the other properties (especially JLU) but even that had some serious eastern flavor every once in a while.

I have to say though, some of the stuff that Joaquim DosSantos directed (i don't know who the credit falls to) but the fight scenes in episodes like "Cat&Canary" and "GrudeMatch" were insanely unique. There was actual "camera work" like the shake of a handheld shot and stuff like that. I think those boys should get alot of credit.
mattcrap

Postby trialsze » Sun May 21, 2006 8:23 am

I don't really see the anime in this pic. Sue has realistic, comic bookrealistic, not anime proportions. Their eyes are not huge. I am not sure why you guys are saying that this looks anime? I think it looks like something Nick Bradshaw would have drawn. More Disney influenced then anime. Hope it is good. The last couple of times they tried to do this cartoon it was a horrible.

Not sure either why people always say the anime angle anyway. Like some posted already there is no american style anymore. Unless you count that horrible syle of art they used in the Ultimate Avengers DVD. And if that is our style, God help us we suck. I would rather see anime influeced stuff then that crap. Quit buy everything that Marvel is telling you. You can hate anime but don't think for one moment we have anything up to their standard. We should learn from the form and not bash it so much. Not sure why I went on this rant. I guess I am tired of hearing how people hate anime but that is what is selling. And then how things are classified "Anime" when they aren't even close. This pic is not close to anime. I can post some anime and show the difference if need be but I think it is pretty easy to see.

But in saying that I will wait and see the show before I decide if I like it or not.
trialsze

Postby RansomGetty » Sun May 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Personally, I think this show looks horrible from a design standpoint. I agree that this is entirely too anime for an iconically american title. Too bad. I hate the idea of all of them waiting to go save the world while the Thing reapplies his chest makeup...
RansomGetty

Return to Model sheets