My Life as a teenage robot request

Moderators: AgentHelix, Tracy Fran, TheRonin

My Life as a teenage robot request

Postby csnyde » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:33 am

I have recently been scouring high and low on the net in search of decent pics from this show as it is currently one of my favorites to watch on tv. Each episode is just packed with incredibly cool designs and little details. I have to watch and re-watch episodes a multitude of times just to soak in even a fraction of what the amazingly talented artists have jammed in each episode.

so far the only decent pics I have seen were found here http://teenageroblog.blogspot.com/

And before anyone asks, ye sI have tried googling and all that gobbly gook. Any chance anyone can lead me in the right direction for any other good sites that may not come up in a typical search, or post some pics maybe from a personal collection? Hell I'd even settle for some decent quality screengrabs if someone would be kind enough to oblige. If ya dont feel like posting them (for obvious reasons) you can always email them to me at info@csnyde.com
csnyde

Postby omantodd » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:37 pm

don't know where you can get models but here is the girl who does the character designs site. http://animatrixie.deviantart.com/gallery/
omantodd

Postby hamandcheese » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:10 pm

buy the book they put out. it's expensive but alot of pages
hamandcheese

Postby Splotchy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:29 am

Such a small world we live in, isn't it??? Before I came back to Jersey, I lived right up the street from Nickelodean studios in Burbank. My stepson is good friends with her son (who's the Frankenpunk kid, and the one with the violin on the site). Wanting to get into storyboarding myself, I've tried many MANY times to get some photocopies of past shows from her, if she had any....and no luck. If you're lucky, you might be able to get something from her....but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

If you really think about it....the job you want to go out for in the biz....is the same one she's probably going after herself. She may not want to give up her stuff so easily to someone who's trying to steal jobs away from her.
If I ain't Inking or drawing, I ain't living.
Splotchy

Postby hamandcheese » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:40 am

Who are you talking about???????????
hamandcheese

Postby Splotchy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:53 am

Said Character and set designer mentioned above.
Splotchy

Postby hamandcheese » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:46 am

O Jill, she's cool, but teenage robot is cancelled now so once their done with what they already have slated; she will be looking for a job.
hamandcheese

Postby Splotchy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:15 pm

Oh...ok. Seems they're always cancelling the good shows. Loved Invader Zim, but tehy cancelled it too soon.....bastards.
Splotchy

Postby TwoPossums » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:28 pm

They just started airing new episodes. Its not canceled.

TwoPossums
TwoPossums

Postby Splotchy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:34 am

Cool. Glad to hear it. Now if they'd strt airing new episodes of INvader Zim, I can die happy.
Splotchy

Postby hamandcheese » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:32 am

No, it has not been picked up. Yeah, new episodes are airing but there just finishing up with the season. Everyone on the show is trying to jump to other projects now. Like Jorge's new show. No joke. It's too bad really. I love it, but once the movie "cluster prime" came out everyone pretty much knew they where done. Because the word was out not because of the movie per say, just that everyone pretty much had heard by then. I really liked the movie but i guess alot of people at the studo really didnt, people were bitching about the color. i dunno i still think it was much better than most of the episodes.

If you really want to see it keep going you should right nick and let them know. There was a petition to release the movie on dvd. But it doesnt look like thats going to happen.
hamandcheese

Postby MartinRedmond » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:02 pm

It's one of my favorite shows too! The music is always great!
MartinRedmond

Postby Lambey » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:44 pm

Heard the news about the cancelation as well. It makes me very sad that a show of this design quality could be swept under the mat by the execs at Nick. Maybe if they hadnt changed the air date of the new episodes every time, it would of gotten a better following. Instead it ends up being replaced with anime shows and Danny Phantom.

And whats this about color issues with the movie? If that rumour is true, what the fuck does an exec know about color? This show had amazing color design. How many shows out there do you know of where the character's color shifts to match the mood of the scene. Bah....quality is never appreciated! Kudos to the talented crew who worked on the show.
-Steve.

Lambey

Postby MartinRedmond » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:57 pm

WOw, I missed the part were everyone said it's cancelled!

Is there a DVD of all the shows? Or do I have to turn to other means to get the episodes? If I had known, I'd have taped them. This show is impossible to catch. They keep changing it's time slot.
MartinRedmond

Postby hamandcheese » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:46 pm

Yeah it sucks, i havent even seen most of the newer episodes, i have no clue when it's on it's jumped around so much.
Like the way of the dodo and other interestingly designed shows like mina and the count and robot jones ( two shows revamped only to die an embarrassing death) MLAATR got killed off to make a way for other diriviative anime inspired puke. Maybe Jorge and Carlos's new shows will be better or fair, but from what i've seen probably not, neither guy has a strong story sense, good design's, weak story.

Anyhow about the color thing in the movie. I't wasnt suits bitching it was other artist at the studio, i didnt get it i agree with you about how cool it was (It reminded me of "Deep End" the 60's polish film), who knows haters are everywhere.
hamandcheese

Next

Return to Model sheets